November 12, 2011
11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
MEOW Day is an exciting one-day conference featuring panel discussions with many of Austin’s most influential women in music. All ages are invited to attend. Below is the schedule and panelists (subject to change). $15 at the door.
11:00 – Noon – Complimentary Pancake Breakfast provided by Batter Blaster and Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee.
12:00 – 1:15 Texas M.I.L.K. Presents: Do Music and Motherhood Mix? – Moderated by Margaret Moser of the Austin Chronicle.
- Shelley King
- Sara Hickman
- Elizabeth McQueen (Asleep at the Wheel)
- Suzanna Choffel
- Betty X
- Christa Hillhouse (4 Non Blondes)
3:00 – 4:15 Building Community to Build a Career – Moderated by Rose Reyes (Director of Music Marketing, Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau)
- Mandy Rowden (Founder, Girl Guitar founder)
- Emily Marks (Founder/Executive Director, Girls Rock Austin)
- Caroline Burrus (Director of Business Development, Austin City Limits)
4:30 – 5:45 Staying Healthy on the Road – Moderated by Carla DeSantis Black (Director, MEOW)
- Amber Spence (Hell’s Belles, BugGirl)
- Sally Crewe (Sally Crewe & the Sudden Moves)
- Patrice Pike